Virtually every practice in a dental group or DSO has patients who require a crown or bridge, but for clinical or financial reasons, are not ready for a permanent restoration. Some patients’ ongoing endodontic or implant treatment may cause the placement of a permanent crown or bridge to be delayed for several months, while financial difficulties may force other patients to delay the placement for several years.
In almost all cases, a provisional restoration has been the dentist’s only option. Unfortunately, the time between placing the provisional and placing the permanent restoration can, on occasion, take much longer than the life span of a typical provisional.
LuxaCrown is the missing element in restorative dental care; a perfect companion to traditional temporary crown and bridge materials such as Luxatemp Ultra. Before LuxaCrown, it would not have been possible to place a long-term restoration that could be relied upon to hold up until the patient could return for a final restoration. Now, restorations using LuxaCrown are long-lasting, finally creating a solution for any patient situation.
Dentists today place high demands on temporary materials. Many of the materials cannot withstand stresses for very long, or the connection with the temporary cement quickly comes loose. It leads to awkward reconstructions and pain and frustration on the part of the patient plus lost time and money for your DSO. LuxaCrown prevents all of these problems from happening.
LuxaCrown is a self-curing composite for the fabrication of long-term crowns and bridges that are cemented with a permanent or temporary luting cement. This unique product allows for the simple, quick and cost-effective manufacture of long-lasting crowns and bridges– directly chairside. The result is an incredible precise-fit, a highly esthetic and long-lasting restoration with excellent marginal fit and stability that is long-lasting. (click to watch step-by-step video below)
Offering high-strength, quality and reliability, LuxaCrown is characterized by natural fluorescence and high shade stability. A choice of five shades are available.
The DMG LuxaCrown material can be finished easily and quickly at chairside with fine diamond burs, polishers and polishing paste producing a smooth temporary restoration surface that is pleasant for patients. (click to read University of Pennsylvania study)
Bridging the gap between simple temporary provisionals and permanent dental prostheses with its remarkable combination of strength, durability and esthetics, LuxaCrown will save your DSO time and money, increase production and provide patients with aesthetically pleasing results that improves patient experience.
COST SAVINGS FOR YOUR DSO
LuxaCrown chairside-produced restorations are significantly less expensive than lab-produced provisional restorations.
INCREASED PRODUCTION FOR YOUR DSO
LuxaCrown long-term restorations increase production and patient retention from new and current patients who need a long-lasting restoration but (click to watch video):
• Are undergoing endodontic or implant treatment that makes a permanent restoration impossible for several months; or
• Need time to save money for a permanent restoration
TIME SAVINGS FOR YOUR DSO
LuxaCrown crowns and bridges are produced in a single chairside session, saving time in many ways:
• Reduced chair time since the procedure can be done in one office visit
• No shipping time to and from the lab
• Easy handling for less working time
• Optimal curing time
• Faster, direct-from-the-cartridge processing
• No learning curve as LuxaCrown can be used with a conventional matrix-based technique (click to watch video)
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOR YOUR DSO
LuxaCrown long-term restorations produce exceptional clinical and esthetic outcomes:
• Life-like appearance and natural fluorescence
• Excellent polishability
• Outstanding color stability
• Reduces plaque deposits
• Exceptional fracture toughness (> 2 MPa*m0,5)
• Wears virtually identically to enamel
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Quick and easy technique
• Optimum mechanical properties
• Excellent fracture toughness and flexural strength
• Excellent polishability
• Simple processing
• Long-lasting with excellent results
• Time and cost saving for patient and clinicians
• Versatility of applications and uses
• Reliable durability
• Challenging/difficult restorative cases
• Implant/ endodontic on-going treatment cases
• Cosmetic restorative cases
• Pediatric cases
• Healthy aging adult patients
• Palliative patients
• Phased complex treatment plans
• Raised vertical dimension cases
• Protection against acid erosion (e.g. bulimia)and abrasion (bruxism)
• Dental restoration after root canal treatment
• Affordable restorative option