Is PermaCem Dual made of Acrylate resin?
PermaCem Dual can be characterised as ”methacrylate resin.” PermaCem Dual contains approximately 27 % of different acrylate resins.
What is the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) code for this PermaCem Dual?
The HTS code is 3006 4000
Does PermaCem Dual contain cinnamic acid, dichlorophene, eugenol, neomycin/neosporin, propylene glycol?
PermaCem Dual does not contain cinnamic acid, dichlorophene, eugenol, neomycin/neosporin, propylene glycol.
How many cementations will I be able to perform with one Smartmix-syringe?
One Smartmix-syringe is enough for around 20 cementations.
How should the tooth core be prepared if I want to use PermaCem 2.0?
The tooth core should be prepared so that its walls are as parallel as possible. The height (h) influences the interaction surface for cementation of the restoration onto the tooth. The preparation angle (a) influences the specific friction and cement adhesion. The height should be at least 3 mm, and the preparation angle 2-5 °.
Which indications cannot be cemented with PermaCem 2.0?
For each preparation, you must ensure that the it offers sufficient retention.
Do I need to use an additional bonding agent for PermaCem 2.0?
No, you do not need an additional bonding agent when using PermaCem 2.0.
In what instances can a restoration fall out?
There are a few possible reasons for the loss of a restoration:
- Use of products containing eugenol. These can have an adverse effect on the setting of PermaCem 2.0. Do not use materials that contain eugenol when using PermaCem 2.0.
- Failure to store the product under refrigerated conditions can cause the product not work properly. When exposed to temperatures that are too high, the starter degenerates and the shelf life is dramatically shortened. Refrigerated storage is important!
- Over-drying of the dentine. PermaCem 2.0 requires a certain residual moisture for the product to work properly. Without moisture the acid in PermaCem 2.0 cannot react and is therefore unable to establish a connection to the tooth substance. Leave a residual amount of moisture on the tooth substance.
- Failure to bleed the syringe. When using a new syringe for the first time, it is important to bleed the syringe (pea-sized amount) because correct mixing ratio may not be achieved.
- Parallel-wall preparation. Self-adhesive cements do not achieve the same adhesion values as conventional luting cements. Special care needs to be paid to the preparation of the tooth core to ensure that additional adhesion is achieved. Make sure that the walls are as parallel as possible.
How should the restoration be pre-treated?
Etchable silicate ceramic should be etched with 5% hydrofluoric acid in accordance with the instructions provided by the etching gel manufacturer and thoroughly rinsed using a water spray. Afterwards dry with oil-free and water-free air, and prepare the surface using a silanizing agent in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Oxide ceramics, metals, and metal alloys should be pre-treated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Unless otherwise described, sandblast the inside of the restoration with aluminum oxide, clean it with alcohol, and dry with oil-free and water-free air.
Other materials: Pre -treat in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
How should PermaCem 2.0 be stored?
PermaCem 2.0 should be kept in the refrigerator at 2-8°C (35 – 46°F). Keep away from direct sunlight.
Does PermaCem 2.0 contain cinnamic acid, dichlorophene, eugenol, neomycin/neosporin, propylene glycol?
PermaCem 2.0 does not contain cinnamic acid, dichlorophene, eugenol, neomycin/neosporin, propylene glycol.
Can I use a cement that contains eugenol for the temporary?
Eugenol inhibits the polymerization of resin-based cements like PermaCem 2.0. If you wish to cement the final restoration with PermaCem 2.0, please use an eugenol-free cement for the temporary such as TempoCemNE.
Can I use the Mixing Tips for other products as well?
You can also use the Smartmix Tips Short for TempoCem, TempoCem NE, and PermaCem. The Smartmix Tips Endo M are designed exclusively for use with PermaCem 2.0.
What are the storage temperatures for PermaCem 2.0?
PermaCem 2.0 can tolerate storage outside of a refrigerator, at room temperature (test temperature of 23°C or 73.4°F) for up to 30 days without quality of loss. The product will retain its shelf life, if stored for the remainder of its lifespan under refrigerated storage conditions of 4 to 8°C (36 to 46°F)
What are the transportation storage temperatures for PermaCem 2.0?
PermaCem 2.0 can withstand transport for a maximum of eight days at a continuous maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F) (equivalent to the warmest climate zone), without any loss of quality. The product will retain its shelf life under storage conditions of 4°C (39.2°F) (refrigerator).
Do you waste a lot of material every time you use the mixing tips?
It is true that the hardened material in the mixing tips can no longer be used. During hand mixing there are always some material waste on the mixing block. If the material is then filled into an application syringe, this leads to further material waste. Additionally, during the application you may encounter that you mixed too much material or need more material. This does not happen with an Automix System; therefore, the waste in the mixing tips is less than the waste for hand mix products. However, direct application always saves time and effort.